Friday, October 13, 2023

Friday Hansei

A Hansei is a review that focuses on self-critique. You can impalement this form of self evaluation by setting a specific day of the week or month. I like doing it weekly on a Friday, thus Friday Hansei. They should also be done  monthly, quarterly, and annually in a deeper dive as well. I prefer doing it at the end of the week to evaluate what I have done and pre-plan what I will do. While my regular weekly reviews are on Monday I will of course check my Hansei notes to see if I am on track during my weeklys.

Hansei procedure:

I like sitting down and writing it out on legal pads with a fountain pen. It is relaxing and gives me time to think and slowly evaluate the issues. I actually use two legal pads one for 'drafting' ideas for the Hansei issues and the other to refine it.

First I write in the drafting Hansei legal pad. I write down basically everything I think is wrong, goals unmet, or things that can be improved upon.

At the beginning I ask myself these questions:

Mood:
Sleep:
Hansei implementations met this week?:

Issue:
Potential Solutions:
Accepted Solution: 
Actionable Implementation of System Alteration: 

Repeat the issue block of questions for every issue you have. Then gather all of the proposed system changes to your routine and write them down in a separate list and if you want an note taking app. Make a note of your actionable system alterations to keep it fresh in your mind in your note app or a piece of paper kept by your side. Look over it often, sometimes your brain will analyze your proposed system implementations and come up with new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotional Alignment Guide