Friday, November 26, 2021

Reviews, Projections, and Goals

It is hard to get where you want to go without knowing how to get there. Map in hand you can hit your targets.

Reviews, Projections, and Goals

Annual: Ask yourself where do you want to be in a year? That is your annual goal. In annual reviews look back on quarterly reports and monthly pomodoro totals. Take the time to reflect on what you accomplished in that year. Then set up more targets to knock down.

Quarterly: Cut your year into quarters and mark them down on a calendar. Set quarterly goals by taking your annual target into consideration and cut that down into reasonable estimations. They are markers on the way to your annual goal. Quarterly reviews is the time to go over what you got done that quarter and to see if you are on track. Adjust targets as needed. 

Monthly: I review what I got done in a month in number of pomodoros and use the time to check to see if I am still aligned to my quarterly projections. 

Weekly: Every Monday (or Sunday) I look back on my daily maps (to-do lists), number of pomodoros done. I ask myself what did I do the last week and what are the plans for the week ahead. 

Daily: First thing in the morning map out what needs to get done. I use a physical planner but this can be done digitally as well. Roll over tasks from yesterday. Ask yourself what your goals are for the day. I keep a running tally of pomodoros done in my planner, but also use the forest app to track time. Add the number of yesterdays pomodoros to your monthly view calendar.

Additional: You can also use a your task list to mark if you took your medication and note significant moods. Major things can be added to your monthly overview so you can see it at a glance.

See also: Metamorphosis through Stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotional Alignment Guide